Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Would anyone play a "The Calling" mod?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:43 pm 

Have thanks: 48 time
So, I keep thinking that it would be incredibly fun to make a DA:O quest mod based on all the cool stuff we learn throughout DA:I (and DA2, to a lesser extent). Centered around the Hero of Ferelden (which works, as HoF is already your character in DA:O) going on his/her quest to cure the calling. I'm talking about a detailed quest mod that's more along the lines of a Skyrim quest mod (think: the quests in Anduniel companions, or Interesting NPCs, if you've played Skyrim), which really hasn't been done for DA:O. The ones there are are really cool, but aren't serious. This would (hopefully) be indistinguishable from a normal DLC for DA:O. We could do all KINDS of fun stuff. Another meeting with the Architect, Avernus, etc.etc. Honestly, there's a lot there. We could include all kinds of neat new gear (some even ported from DA:I), and a couple new companions. Show the parting with Morrigan and Leliana. It's limitless, really.

My only hold-up here is that I don't know if it's worth it to get a team together and actually make the mod. I mean, would anyone actually play it? Does anyone besides me still play DA:O?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Would anyone play a "The Calling" mod?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:21 am 

Have thanks: 131 time
I do. Mostly to see Alistair, but I do still play it once in awhile. :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:02 am 

Well, we've got one!

And yeah. I miss Alistair. I have him as king in my main playthrough of DAI. Too little Alistair. I really, really hoped for a "Swooping is bad" line or something similar. He's the warden in my elf's game. Or, rather, was. Is it weird that I went back to DA:O just to have decent hair on my main character? That Malcolm hair/face morph mod was awesome. Witcher 2 armor imports was nice too. (Wishes really hard for mesh importing for DAI to happen some time soon.)
Richiesusername has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:04 pm 

Oh don't even get me started on hair mods :(

I would download every hair mod I saw and then spend forever in character creation, trying them all.
Mahayla has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:51 am 

Mahayla wrote:
Oh don't even get me started on hair mods :(

I would download every hair mod I saw and then spend forever in character creation, trying them all.

Right? How could they have dropped the ball SO HARD on hair this time around? Usually it's one race/gender that gets the shaft. (Usually females, too.) We all got shafted this time, though. Honestly, for my main inquisitor, I've just foregone hair altogether and went with one of the shaved head looks. And I'm STILL trying to get a decent beard texture to show up in-game less than weird and shiny. I even tried putting in an all-black specular map. Still came out weird and shiny. The beards/hairs on vanilla DAO were better than this. Sigh.
Richiesusername has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:06 pm 

I KNOW! I was just totally dumbfounded the first time I saw the hair in game! It looked like something from a bad claymation cartoon! And using the same hair styles for both sexes? Talk about lazy!!!! It's better now using Adela's hair mod with Skaramoosh's retexture, but I still can't believe they released such horrible hair with today's graphic abilities. I've been messing around in Skyrim and they actually have a HDT physics hair mod now. It moves and bounces! And yet, DAI, being released later, seems to have taken major steps backwards in graphics.

Sorry, I seem to have gone off on a rant >.> <.<
Mahayla has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:34 pm 

Haha. It's okay. I totally agree. I wish Adela would make a hair mod for males. I'd go ga-ga over something like the Malcolm hair for DAO.

I played modded Skyrim for sooo long. Burnt out on it. I'm good with DAI until Witcher: Wild Hunt comes out.

Report this post