Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: VOIDER IS COMING BACK
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:48 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 212 time
im sorry I havent done much recently, am busy with rl and my 3d printer, but this project isnt forgotten, im still at applying a mod to a given patchfolder (seperate or direct game), all data is prepared, I only need to apply it... lets see what lazy me can do this weekend... :P

greetz WV

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

yeah, yeah, im not dead yet :P 3d printer prints, and I quit my job, so hopefully there will be more time for DAI now

this is a tool I called "bundle builder", it doesnt do "much" yet, except you can mark bundles for deletion and recompile toc + sb. recompiling it from scratch! now I have to figure out how to add editing/replacement, cloning + import, and real patch creation should be a step closer. once I can manipulate on a bundle level, I can go on and do the asset level inside a bundle :) (add .mod file support to automate it and theres your modding/patching^^) I just really need to figure out how to press all that in code + GUI, otherwise its easy ;P

greetz WV

PS:im going to make a new forum once the tools are good enough for modding, because I lost overview what happens here

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:37 pm 

Have thanks: 6 time
WV, do you think appending data to EBX or even creating new ones should eventually be a thing?

Love your work btw.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:16 am 
Site Admin

I dont wanna promise stuff I cant hold, because someone would have to write a recompiler, to rebuild an ebx from scratch, but otherwise, just importing one from another bundle is doable, stuff is mostly found by SHA1, so you could just add whatever data you like to a CAS, and edit the corresponding entry in .cat file. Or in other ways: if you wanna see a bundle as zip file and ebx/res as a file inside it, then with this above I can edit the archive, export/import/edit whole files, but for each filetype itself I still have to write a tool, and there are many different formats! also, im not sure, because sofar my code can only read like 91% without error, meaning it still has flaws, so you cant simply reverse that. what ofc is easy to do is a simple editor, once I can read the ebx (code can), I know where every value is, so its easy to just edit a value, but I guess thats not what you meant

greetz WV

PS:
Spoiler:
already have deletion, raw replacement and duplication done :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

so I guess the very raw toolchain works, I made a patch mod with just my tools and a hexeditor (checking alot anyway)

For this simple mod, I had following goals to accomplish:
1.find toc/sb file containing the loading texture
2.delete the bundle in the base files
3.import it into patch files (which exist, but only reference the base bundle, so I had to import it directly there)
4.dereference its SHA1 to my new texture

so I did:
1.open content browser / texture explorer and found my texture with the name ui/static/splash_screens/splash_frostbacks
2.open texture in texture tool (right click) and export as dds
3.edit dds image to above one
4.open cas container tool, created and appended the dds file minus header as cas container to cas03.cas of patch folder
5.used hexeditor to find its offset (search for 0xFACE0FF0 backwards from end, remember to add 0x20 to skip header) and size
6.copied last cas.cat entry, gave it the new SHA1 (bytes after 0xFACE0FF0) and offset/size
7.edited the chunk ressource in the new bundle in the patch file, to the new SHA1
8.BAM, new texture in game :P

...NOW! ofc, this is way to complicated for the average person to do, plus this is only one possible way of many, so next goal: automation! I know you users, you just want a single button solution, and I try my best to get near that :P

greetz WV

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:18 pm 

Have thanks: 6 time
WV, another question. Do we know if there is stuff that gets "filled" at run-time? Blueprints, Server overrides, Menu splash screen. Do we have access to any of this "filled" info and is there any way to edit it?

Here's an example of what I'm trying to say. The file

UI//Flow//Action//VeniceUIActions

contains all the possible actions in the form of a list, such as

- member : ChangeProfile
- member : DisableVFXTimeDilation
- member : QuickSave
- member : QuickLoad
- member : LoadFullJapanese
- member : SetFrontEndLevelName
- member : ShowPopup
- member : StartVoip
- member : ShowLegalPopup
- member : LaunchBenchmark
- member : ShowBenchmarkStats

Yet none of these "members" are referenced anywhere in what is searchable by the mod tool

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

@y3804: dunno, have you looked into init32fs file f.e.? im not looking into this right now, sry I need usable tools first...

greetz WV

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

there you go AUTOMATED mod making that you can share^^ this is very basic, so please dont get angry and report errors, so I can add support :)

as usual: back up your Patch folder!

on github^^

greetz WV

PS: whoever wants to, here go get a headage^^ http://pastebin.com/yKg7bgpf im a little bit proud of those 326 lines of bad coding ;P phew...

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:56 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Wow, that's pretty damn awesome... Thanks WV ! I don't know a lot about the current way of texture modding for DAI, but it does look like a big step forward.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

thx^^

I also started a subreddit for my tools, im on reddit every day anyway, lets see how that works out^^
https://www.reddit.com/r/DAIToolsWV/

greetz WV

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next