Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tips on hair meshes by Squid
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:20 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Can I edit hair in Blender?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 272 time
JaneLolas wrote:
Can I edit hair in Blender?

Sure. It's highly likely you'd still need 3DS to export them properly for use in the game, but you can edit in Blender.
Ottemis has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: Hair Tutorial by Adela and Squid
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:14 am 

Have thanks: 42 time
horography wrote:
This probably isn't a very helpful post since I have yet to find a solution, but I've been having the same problem as Yasmeleon with the specific Female Qunari bun mesh--qf_114_h to be precise. I've built other fully functional hair mods following the tutorial (and thanks so much for it!), but the changes I've made to this particular hairstyle do not show up at all in game after saving and merging the mod. I had another person test the import of my edited .obj to no avail. For now I'm just chalking it up to a specific bug with this model, though someone wiser might have a better idea of what's going on.

I'm having this problem nowadays. :x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:37 pm 

Hi! I'm new to modding, and perhaps this is the wrong thread to post this, but I had a question regarding editing meshes in general. I'm trying to edit the n mesh for female elf, and I've run into this issue that some of the...strands (is it strands?, sorry, don't really know well how to refer to it) have a specific lighting. So when I try to move them or alter them, they have weird shadows and stand out in the wrong way during testing... is this the thread to post this question or should I create a new one? sorry, if this is the right place I'll post some screens about the problem, I'm really new to 3ds max too, so though I've tried to find the solution to my problem through google and tutorials and the like... I can't make much sense of it.
Thank you all for the amazing work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 272 time
aileani wrote:
Hi! I'm new to modding, and perhaps this is the wrong thread to post this, but I had a question regarding editing meshes in general. I'm trying to edit the n mesh for female elf, and I've run into this issue that some of the...strands (is it strands?, sorry, don't really know well how to refer to it) have a specific lighting. So when I try to move them or alter them, they have weird shadows and stand out in the wrong way during testing... is this the thread to post this question or should I create a new one? sorry, if this is the right place I'll post some screens about the problem, I'm really new to 3ds max too, so though I've tried to find the solution to my problem through google and tutorials and the like... I can't make much sense of it.
Thank you all for the amazing work.

A screenshot of the problem you're experiencing with the hair would help.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:50 pm 

Have thanks: 42 time
Did anyone find a workaround for the "not showing up ingame"-issue with the qunari bun? Or if someone who successfully gets their changes on this mesh visible ingame wants to test my .obj and see if they experience the same issue with my edit? It'd be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:31 pm 

I actually solved the problem following this instructions, I was doing so wrong before, Sorry. Posted this here before realizing I had done so in the wrong place.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:53 pm 

Sorry for my English...

If the problem with dark patches, when importing models in the game, still actual...
Try to correct the geometry, since in the area of "black holes", generally there are two vertices with identical coordinates. Then adjust the UVmap using "Unwrap UVW" (separate the vertices so that they do not overlap one another). Export your model from the 3ds Max, and then import it into the game in the usual way, without the "import-export dance". I hope my advice will be useful.

Editors, which I used: 3ds Max, DAI Mod Maker 1.1.0.19, DAI Mod Manager 1.0.0.59

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:29 pm 

Any chance of a video on how to resize the mods for other races? I've read your tips, and as I'm not totally familiar with 3DS Max I'm still a bit confused. I've made a hair mod for my EF, and I would like to make it work for my HF characters as well, when I loaded the 3 items into 3ds for the morph they show up over the top of one another? Am I only supposed to load LOD 0 for the HF base hair? I tried just scaling the whole mod up for HF and it fit her head fine, but had some gaps in a couple pieces of the hair in game that aren't there on my Elf. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:19 pm 

So I starting working on making mod hair and I am nearly completed with it. I wanted to see it as a test run and when I import it to replace the original it says that it has imported successfully but when I click preview it is the exact same hairstyle. I heard that most people use lod0 but it's fin ei f you use the other lods. I used lod1 because lod 0 had to many vertices to edit. All other lods are hidden and it doesnt work but If I tweak Lod0 it works. Is there any way for me to use lod1? I would really not like to start over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next