Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:49 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hair Tutorial by Adela and Squid
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:38 pm 

Have thanks: 104 time
Wow, that's bizarre. Have you tried editing LoD versions other than zero? My best guesses are, either that particular hairstyle uses another copy of the mesh that's stored in an inobvious place, or for some reason the game calls lod1 instead of lod0.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:00 pm 

Have thanks: 321 time
The BE uses lod1 and not lod0, so that wouldn't be completely unheard of. Still weird.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:46 am 

Have thanks: 16 time
Just tried a quick edit on the lod1 mesh and still no visible changes. I'm absolutely puzzled by what's going on (maybe it's official patch related with the merge?), but I guess I'll just hold off on that hairstyle for now, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:09 am 

Have thanks: 32 time
Hey guys!
Wanted to pop in and rapport a ...truthfully amusing bug i have found with a hairmod. I have reported it to the creator of that specific mod. Since im new to this forum tklivory was so nice as to give me link to this post and asked me to post it here, so i am.
The bug im reffering to can be found here: http://daitools.freeforums.org/dai-master-mod-posts-on-tumblr-reference-t773-30.html

Now all of a sudden I cant find the make-link-button... have mercy, still learning this forum :) So copy-paste it is for now. :mrgreen:

At any rate, here you can see the whole problem and how I found it. And the bug was.... very surpricing! THe post includes a disturbing image, hehe. Both tklivory and myself are...puzzled...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:56 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hello. I'm sorry if it is bad to post this here, but what happened to Adela's Hair thread? I was silently stalking it on Google Chrome and when I open it again, it says it no longer exists. D:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:38 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 414 time
MizoreYukii wrote:
Hello. I'm sorry if it is bad to post this here, but what happened to Adela's Hair thread? I was silently stalking it on Google Chrome and when I open it again, it says it no longer exists. D:

There were... some issues with a person on Nexus that claimed that one of my old hairstyles was his, The Nexus moderators were kind enough to take it down after providing proof. After the incident i decided not to share my mods anymore... seems like all this "attention" only brings bad things to me, 1st im being harassed that my hairs suck and that they dont look like Skyrim and now my stuff gets stolen.... Sorry to say but im kind of done with making my mods public, im just gonna make stuff for my self now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:01 am 

Have thanks: 131 time
Adela wrote:
MizoreYukii wrote:

There were... some issues with a person on Nexus that claimed that one of my old hairstyles was his, The Nexus moderators were kind enough to take it down after providing proof. After the incident i decided not to share my mods anymore... seems like all this "attention" only brings bad things to me, 1st im being harassed that my hairs suck and that they dont look like Skyrim and now my stuff gets stolen.... Sorry to say but im kind of done with making my mods public, im just gonna make stuff for my self now.

I am so sorry to hear this! :cry: I loved your mods. But, I totally understand your decision. I have seen so much of this lately that, as I remarked to someone else, I am sure that one day, no one will make mods to share. Then, all of these untalented, whining, wannabee, thieving people will cry "There's no mods anymore" and they will have no one to blame but themselves.

I hope that you continue to enjoy your playing and hang out here :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:18 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
Adela wrote:
MizoreYukii wrote:

Ohhh. I'm so sorry that happened. D: You shouldn't let those people drag you down though! They are mean because they are lazy, jealous of other people's talent, and crave attention. They know of no other way to achieve greatness, so they decide to bring others down with them.
I just wish the Qunari hair had made it out though. T-T I was really looking forward to it because there's only 2 modded hairs out!

Guess it's time to get my modding boots on though....I wasn't planning on touching hair until after I had gained more experience with making clothes for the Sims, but I'm dying to play a Qunari Inquisitor. xD Best to just jump in and see how it goes. @_@

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 414 time
Mahayla wrote:
Adela wrote:
MizoreYukii wrote:

I am so sorry to hear this! :cry: I loved your mods. But, I totally understand your decision. I have seen so much of this lately that, as I remarked to someone else, I am sure that one day, no one will make mods to share. Then, all of these untalented, whining, wannabee, thieving people will cry "There's no mods anymore" and they will have no one to blame but themselves.

I hope that you continue to enjoy your playing and hang out here :)

There are still plenty of talented modders here who are willing to share their mods, and I really hope they wont get the same kind of treatment that i did. Ive seen plenty of awesome mods made here and i hope they will keep it up :)
Maybe... sometime in the future.... i will share again.... just right now I dont want anymore attention im just waiting for ppl to kind of "forget about me" for a while.. if that makes any sense

MizoreYukii wrote:
Ohhh. I'm so sorry that happened. D: You shouldn't let those people drag you down though! They are mean because they are lazy, jealous of other people's talent, and crave attention. They know of no other way to achieve greatness, so they decide to bring others down with them.
I just wish the Qunari hair had made it out though. T-T I was really looking forward to it because there's only 2 modded hairs out!

Guess it's time to get my modding boots on though....I wasn't planning on touching hair until after I had gained more experience with making clothes for the Sims, but I'm dying to play a Qunari Inquisitor. xD Best to just jump in and see how it goes. @_@

There is one cool qunari hairstyle made by our very own Squid he/she does some very good mods too if your interested. And if you wish to make your own, well thats what this thread is for :) and dragoncakes was kind enough to provide a video tutorial, for those who prefer to learn by visual instead of text.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:35 pm 

Have thanks: 2 time
Adela , I cant tell you how sad the news that youve given up on sharing your mods due to rotten people. Ive been waiting to even start the game until I could play with some of the wonderful concept hairs Ive seen of yours. The Base game hairs to me are just horrible and make it really hard for me to create and connect with my characters.
Thanks for your efforts and sorry again that you had such troubles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next