Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:09 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mod Maker is live, peeps!!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:46 am 

Have thanks: 321 time
v13 cleared up all my problems. Woot! Thank you so much!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:48 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
How long have you waited? It can take between 2 to 10 minutes for the first cache creation.

If you try to press on something in the menu, does it tell you that an other task is already running? If so, it means it simply hasn't finished creating your cache.

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:49 am 
Site Admin

tklivory wrote:
v13 cleared up all my problems. Woot! Thank you so much!

Anything for my little tklivory :3

DawnlessSky has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:51 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
DawnlessSky wrote:
How long have you waited? It can take between 2 to 10 minutes for the first cache creation.

If you try to press on something in the menu, does it tell you that an other task is already running? If so, it means it simply hasn't finished creating your cache.

I waited maybe 10-15 minutes? If I try to open something it says it already has a task running but in the bottom left corner it says "ready"

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:55 am 
Site Admin

tevinterscum wrote:
DawnlessSky wrote:

I waited maybe 10-15 minutes? If I try to open something it says it already has a task running but in the bottom left corner it says "ready"

The "ready" thing is a known issue XD

I forgot to hook back the progress bar :3

If the task is still underway, I suggest to simply let it run its course.
If it ends up taking WAY WAY too long (like 30 minutes), then I'll see what I can do

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:00 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
DawnlessSky wrote:
tevinterscum wrote:
DawnlessSky wrote:

The "ready" thing is a known issue XD

I forgot to hook back the progress bar :3

If the task is still underway, I suggest to simply let it run its course.
If it ends up taking WAY WAY too long (like 30 minutes), then I'll see what I can do

It just loaded some things. The last tool had a green bar or something like that when it loaded so I thought it froze. This one seems to be working fine, though. Thanks for sharing it!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:03 am 

Have thanks: 9 time
DawnlessSky wrote:
Melampode wrote:
Oh gosh, I've been lurking but it's been so long since I've poked at mod making that I forgot when you initially load the tool, you're supposed to direct it to DAI so it can actually find the assets. :oops: I set it to check the wrong location entirely, and don't see anywhere to change that. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the tool (and launcher, both before and after resetting), but it's not giving me the prompt again. Is there something I can tweak to get it to check the right location?

Aaahhh... my bad... I wanted to make a "reset configs" button but forgot to add it before the initial release.
You can do it manually though.

Here's how you can do it :
Go to your AppData folder (you might have to turn On hidden folders)
The AppData folder is located in C:\Users\[Your name]\AppData

Go to "Local" folder
Find the folder for the modding tool. I don't remember by heart what's the name of the company we set it too (still at work... shhhh.... don't tell)
It should be something like "DAIModMaker" or "DAIModdingTools"

If you can't find it, do a search for "DAI" in AppData\Local. You should find a folder you recognize.
Then, go down the folders tree until you find a file named "user.config" and delete it.

It will reset the configs :)

Ah, perfect! (I was thinking it'd be something in the Temp folder, I completely forgot to look around the rest of the Local folder. :roll: ) Thank you so much, Dawn! I also had to delete my old merged folder to fix an "item with the same key already added" error, but I got it going! :D

One more question: you said you'll poke Zhentar about being able to more easily swap headmorphs around (which is super exciting, and thank you both <3). I was wondering, do you think it might be possible to swap an NPC headmorph and the Inquisitor's with this feature, or will it probably only work between NPCs for now?

Also, thank you so very, very much for everything you're doing. I've never modded before, so your help and efforts to make the tool more newbie-friendly mean a lot. :) <3

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:21 am 

Have thanks: 91 time
Dawn!! Yay!!!

Just loaded it up on Windows 8.1, and it works perfectly for replacing textures. Haven't taken time to poke about meshes yet. Cache building and loading were both really fast for me. The new EBX preview looks really nice. (Props to Zhentar for that, I believe?) Though, it would be nice if sometime in the future the EBX editor could take typed values? Right now it just increments by +/-1 which is not useful at all for editing floats. >.< Still, it's a lot more human-readable than the old XML output, and I like the hotlinks, so yay. :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

Melampode wrote:
DawnlessSky wrote:
Melampode wrote:
Oh gosh, I've been lurking but it's been so long since I've poked at mod making that I forgot when you initially load the tool, you're supposed to direct it to DAI so it can actually find the assets. :oops: I set it to check the wrong location entirely, and don't see anywhere to change that. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the tool (and launcher, both before and after resetting), but it's not giving me the prompt again. Is there something I can tweak to get it to check the right location?

Aaahhh... my bad... I wanted to make a "reset configs" button but forgot to add it before the initial release.
You can do it manually though.

Here's how you can do it :
Go to your AppData folder (you might have to turn On hidden folders)
The AppData folder is located in C:\Users\[Your name]\AppData

Go to "Local" folder
Find the folder for the modding tool. I don't remember by heart what's the name of the company we set it too (still at work... shhhh.... don't tell)
It should be something like "DAIModMaker" or "DAIModdingTools"

If you can't find it, do a search for "DAI" in AppData\Local. You should find a folder you recognize.
Then, go down the folders tree until you find a file named "user.config" and delete it.

It will reset the configs :)

Ah, perfect! (I was thinking it'd be something in the Temp folder, I completely forgot to look around the rest of the Local folder. :roll: ) Thank you so much, Dawn! I also had to delete my old merged folder to fix an "item with the same key already added" error, but I got it going! :D

One more question: you said you'll poke Zhentar about being able to more easily swap headmorphs around (which is super exciting, and thank you both <3). I was wondering, do you think it might be possible to swap an NPC headmorph and the Inquisitor's with this feature, or will it probably only work between NPCs for now?

Also, thank you so very, very much for everything you're doing. I've never modded before, so your help and efforts to make the tool more newbie-friendly mean a lot. :) <3

I haven't checked how the quizzie's morphs are applied yet. You'd have to poke around and look at the EBX and try to figure out what the fields do :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

sapph wrote:
Dawn!! Yay!!!

Just loaded it up on Windows 8.1, and it works perfectly for replacing textures. Haven't taken time to poke about meshes yet. Cache building and loading were both really fast for me. The new EBX preview looks really nice. (Props to Zhentar for that, I believe?) Though, it would be nice if sometime in the future the EBX editor could take typed values? Right now it just increments by +/-1 which is not useful at all for editing floats. >.< Still, it's a lot more human-readable than the old XML output, and I like the hotlinks, so yay. :D

Yeah this is an alpha version. The EBX editing is not done yet :) Zhentar is still working on it.

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next