Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:53 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Mod Maker is live, peeps!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
As we said, this is an alpha version :) Aka a test version.

No need to be destroying furniture and electronics ^_^

Gentle reminder : please send bugs to [email protected] so we can keep track of what's what.

Thank you all for your patience as we iron out those quirks.

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq
DawnlessSky has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:49 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
THANK YOU, AFTER REASEARCHING THE WHOLE DAY MY MODS ARE WORKING

LOVE YOU XAXAXAXAXAXA :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, concerning the Windows 10 issues, I now know what's going on with it.

The SlimDX control that's in the main window was not properly loaded. There was some code missing. Since it wasn't loaded properly, it threw an exception and caused the application to crash.
Which is what we want as it was a programming error. We didn't give it an engine to render with and so it tried to tell us.
For some reason though, on windows 7, it "crashes" silently (lets the application continue to run without a word) which is why we never noticed it.

Usually, this stuff would have happened and a coder would have noticed instantly and corrected it. :shrug:

I dunno if Windows 10 is just more sensitive or something but it didn't let the application continue to run.

TL:DR : Everything's fine with SlimDX. You don't have to do anything. Will be fixed for version 1.1.0.13 in a couple of minutes.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Here is the direct link for those not using the loader (shame on you for not using it :p)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjp6swutan3ul ... 3.zip?dl=0

DawnlessSky has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:45 pm 

Have thanks: 19 time
Hi first thank you so much for the work you and everyone are putting into this. the new tool loads smoothly.

I thought I would try the npc head morphs as a friend wanted solas head replaced with abelas. But the exporter exports the base head for each head morph I have tested.

So for Abelas it exported the mt_basa_em in .obj

Tested it with gaspard and briala as well and both of those exported the basa head of their race. So mt_basa_ef and mt_basa_hm

Though it shows their head properly in the preview window with mod maker. But once exported it just exports the head their morph data is meant to be applied to.

Edit: Sorry just noticed the email. Will send this to the email you asked bugs to be sent to.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

That's because the base mesh and the mesh variations are in separate files.
The data exported is for the selected EBX.

We merge all this shiny stuff in the preview so that it displays nicely (you can select your mesh variation in the window if there's more than one that can be applied).

that's pretty much how the game works. the artists create base meshes to be used by multiple characters. then the modify tiny little details to make the characters unique. :)

If you want to replace a character's head with an other's, you have to replace both the base mesh and the mesh variation.

-Cheers

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:30 pm 

Have thanks: 3 time
red180 wrote:
Hi first thank you so much for the work you and everyone are putting into this. the new tool loads smoothly.

I thought I would try the npc head morphs as a friend wanted solas head replaced with abelas. But the exporter exports the base head for each head morph I have tested.

So for Abelas it exported the mt_basa_em in .obj

Tested it with gaspard and briala as well and both of those exported the basa head of their race. So mt_basa_ef and mt_basa_hm

Though it shows their head properly in the preview window with mod maker. But once exported it just exports the head their morph data is meant to be applied to.

Edit: Sorry just noticed the email. Will send this to the email you asked bugs to be sent to.

Where did you find Abelas' headmorph if you don't mind me asking?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:36 pm 

Have thanks: 19 time
DawnlessSky wrote:
That's because the base mesh and the mesh variations are in separate files.
The data exported is for the selected EBX.

We merge all this shiny stuff in the preview so that it displays nicely (you can select your mesh variation in the window if there's more than one that can be applied).

that's pretty much how the game works. the artists create base meshes to be used by multiple characters. then the modify tiny little details to make the characters unique. :)

If you want to replace a character's head with an other's, you have to replace both the base mesh and the mesh variation.

-Cheers

Ah. Thank you for the quick reply. Still not sure if I am doing it right.

As I tested it by going to Data > designcontent > headmorphs > mythal

for Abelas and then I double clicked on his morph static then exported asset. Then to test I loaded it in blender. But the head looked different to what was in the preview.

So I think I am doing something wrong or understanding what how to do it wrong. I wanted it in blender so I could hopefully edit the ears before trying to replace solas head with his. Since Abelas head is under a hood the ears are flat against his head.

But thank you again for the quick reply.

mrjack900 that should also answer where I found his morph static hopefully :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it'll look different. As I explained, what is exported is just the "raw" head mesh without any variation.
When mesh variations exist, it'll always look different from the preview.

The file you selected is a MorphStatic. What you are exporting is actually the base mesh found in an other file (so, NOT mt_basa_ef).
If you look at the EBX, you'll see a field named "RuntimeHeadBase". If you click on it, it'll open the EBX for the actual mesh that you are exporting.

Even if you edit the mesh in 3ds max, both in the preview and in game it wouldn't appear like in 3ds max as mesh variations are applied.

To achieve what you want, there's a few ways but it'd take a little bit of skill and a lot of messing around. Also, I'm not sure if it would work 100% of the time.
You'd have to edit the binary EBX file to replace the ID for "RuntimeHeadBase" with Solas's... for a start.

There's a bunch of other info in the EBX. I'm not sure if you'd have to change them too.

If you wanna try to mess around with the binary EBX, be my guest :) It could be very educational.

However, if that proves too difficult for you, I'd suggest waiting for Zhentar to allow the replacing of objects inside a EBX (the clickable link point to Abelas's head would turn into a selection screen and then you can browse and select Solas' head) It wasn't planned but I'll ask him to add this :)

-cheers!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:44 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
The tool opens up fine but I got a message that said "Cache does not exist or out of date. Loading assets." and then it doesn't load anything.

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next