Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:14 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Swapping character heads
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:29 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi folks,

Any word on progress to swap morphs between characters (such as give one character another's head)? I know this is reeeeeeally difficult atm, so my expectations are modest at best.

From poking around with the ModMaker (thank you guys for all your hard work -- I couldn't get the old tools to work for me, so it's been really exciting to finally be able to pop the hood!) and looking on the forums, I get the impression that heads are a combination of a default race/gender head (elf male, or dwarf female, for ex) with unique "sliders" placed on top to create the final appearance. Is this correct? And how is it done in the preview window?

Pertinent link: post8811.html#p8811

Thank you again for being so awesome!

Post subject: Re: Patch8 Mod Manager version 55 by Zhentar
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
soundsimpleright wrote:
Hi folks,

Any word on progress to swap morphs between characters (such as give one character another's head)? I know this is reeeeeeally difficult atm, so my expectations are modest at best.

From poking around with the ModMaker (thank you guys for all your hard work -- I couldn't get the old tools to work for me, so it's been really exciting to finally be able to pop the hood!) and looking on the forums, I get the impression that heads are a combination of a default race/gender head (elf male, or dwarf female, for ex) with unique "sliders" placed on top to create the final appearance. Is this correct? And how is it done in the preview window?

Pertinent link: post8811.html#p8811

Thank you again for being so awesome!

Yes, that's how it works.
Instead of creating a mesh for each single NPC in the game, they just created one base mesh for each race/gender.
Afterwards, MeshVariations are applied to make the NPCs look a little bit different from the other one.

If you wanna swap an entire head with an other, you'd have to point the NPC's head to an other.
It's not currently possible to do that in the tool as you can only edit some values in the EBX preview.

~Dawn

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq

Post subject: Re: Swapping character heads
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:21 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
So there's no way to export the MeshVariations? Bummer. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]