Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:20 am

All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!


Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:58 am
Posts: 12
Has thanked: 5 time
Have thanks: 12 time
Great work guys


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:18 am
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Is there a way to change the gender in the save? I play with a female inquisitor and i want to romance with Cassandra.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:43 am
Posts: 629
Has thanked: 14 time
Have thanks: 751 time
You can change the plot variable gender, which is how everyone sees you. I dont know what other effects that will have, I will try it out at some point


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:38 am
Posts: 10
Has thanked: 3 time
Have thanks: 4 time
Awesome job guys! I guess changing the name of a character would be easy too right?

Also, when should we expect a release of the new editor?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:28 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:43 am
Posts: 629
Has thanked: 14 time
Have thanks: 751 time
No idea about the name, ricco19 might know, I have an editor specifically for the Plot Flags over here: plot-flags-t277.html

ricco19 can add to his code when he is ready, source code is available from the same page.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:24 am
Posts: 67
Has thanked: 10 time
Have thanks: 42 time
You can change the name, the problem is if the name is a different length than the file size changes and becomes unloadable. This is easy enough to fix by changing the size values (I think thats all you have to do, not sure about the checksums which don't seem to be used at all). It can definitely be included at some point, but for now I'm just dealing with things that don't change the size at all.

Trippyummy wrote:
Awesome job guys! I guess changing the name of a character would be easy too right?

Also, when should we expect a release of the new editor?


From me personally it might be awhile. Anyone else is free to reference my code and make their own application. In fact I haven't touched the code at all since I released it. There are lots of things being found, like all the plot flags. At this point a full blown save editor should be able to be made. This was made more for testing and experimentation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:13 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:26 pm
Posts: 635
Has thanked: 921 time
Have thanks: 314 time
ricco19 wrote:
You can change the name, the problem is if the name is a different length than the file size changes and becomes unloadable. This is easy enough to fix by changing the size values (I think thats all you have to do, not sure about the checksums which don't seem to be used at all). It can definitely be included at some point, but for now I'm just dealing with things that don't change the size at all.

Trippyummy wrote:
Awesome job guys! I guess changing the name of a character would be easy too right?

Also, when should we expect a release of the new editor?


From me personally it might be awhile. Anyone else is free to reference my code and make their own application. In fact I haven't touched the code at all since I released it. There are lots of things being found, like all the plot flags. At this point a full blown save editor should be able to be made. This was made more for testing and experimentation.

Did you release any other code after the reader ? I uploaded the reader source to Sourceforge but I don't think we have the editor

_________________
ar-lath-ma-vhenan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:24 am
Posts: 67
Has thanked: 10 time
Have thanks: 42 time
One of the links at the bottom of the original post is to the github page.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:43 am
Posts: 629
Has thanked: 14 time
Have thanks: 751 time
Renmiri wrote:
ricco19 wrote:
You can change the name, the problem is if the name is a different length than the file size changes and becomes unloadable. This is easy enough to fix by changing the size values (I think thats all you have to do, not sure about the checksums which don't seem to be used at all). It can definitely be included at some point, but for now I'm just dealing with things that don't change the size at all.

Trippyummy wrote:
Awesome job guys! I guess changing the name of a character would be easy too right?

Also, when should we expect a release of the new editor?


From me personally it might be awhile. Anyone else is free to reference my code and make their own application. In fact I haven't touched the code at all since I released it. There are lots of things being found, like all the plot flags. At this point a full blown save editor should be able to be made. This was made more for testing and experimentation.

Did you release any other code after the reader ? I uploaded the reader source to Sourceforge but I don't think we have the editor


I used his code from github as a basis for the plot editor, so really we should be able to chuck his face editing code into the editor without too much issues (Except for the C to C# conversion).
Ehamloptiran has been thanked by:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [cli] save game edior (updated)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:48 pm
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 1 time
probe88 wrote:
ricco19 wrote:
Human female has 14, and those values match the information I got from the save games.



Yeah I understand right after posting.

Eham how u find thAt info? Could u find same for male human, or tell how to do it?


Ditto on that; I've been trying to work out some of the hair textures for followers, and have had a heck of a time pinning them down. I've spent such a disturbing amount of time in these tools. :D Which, by the way, I am loving - I've gotten a chance to dig into so many things, it's really exciting and fun, even if I haven't made much progress on anything. But I've learned a lot! :)
Cavallari has been thanked by:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
suspicion-preferred