Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:08 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Re: Dawn's progress report
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:08 am 

Have thanks: 321 time
Dawn, just a quick note (and only because it's come up twice now):

In the current modding tool, when the author's name field has an & in it (like when two modders collaborate and put 'Modder1 & Modder2' as the Author when they create the .daimod file), the resulting .daimod file makes the Mod Manager crash when trying to merge the mod.

I'm not sure how easy the fix would be to allow & signs, but I think just adding a "Don't use the & character" warning could be added to the GUI would be fairly simple, so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

Anyway, as more modders mod and more collaborations happen, this might come up, and it's not an easy thing to figure out on your own as a modder, so I thought I'd mention it to see if you could squeeze in that warning for it.

Thanks for all your hard work, and I hope the move went/is going/will soon go okay! (not sure of the timing, so trying to cover all the bases :lol: )
tklivory has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:20 pm 

Have thanks: 17 time
tklivory wrote:
Dawn, just a quick note (and only because it's come up twice now):

In the current modding tool, when the author's name field has an & in it (like when two modders collaborate and put 'Modder1 & Modder2' as the Author when they create the .daimod file), the resulting .daimod file makes the Mod Manager crash when trying to merge the mod.

I'm not sure how easy the fix would be to allow & signs, but I think just adding a "Don't use the & character" warning could be added to the GUI would be fairly simple, so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

Anyway, as more modders mod and more collaborations happen, this might come up, and it's not an easy thing to figure out on your own as a modder, so I thought I'd mention it to see if you could squeeze in that warning for it.

Thanks for all your hard work, and I hope the move went/is going/will soon go okay! (not sure of the timing, so trying to cover all the bases :lol: )

I noticed last night if I named the daimod internally with a "&" in it (ie leather & lace), mod manager does not pick it up in the list and stops working. Not just the modders name, but the mod internal name.
luna1124 has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:43 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
Hello all.

Just wanted to say hi :)
I'm all setup in my new home now.
Slowly getting into a new rhythm :)

Unfortunately, the move killed one of my monitors and my gfx card blew up 2 days ago T_T
Makes Dawn a very very sad panda.

I should be back to coding the tool soon once I have my routine down and that my new PC gets here.

In the meantime, prayer circle for that post-epilogue DLC rumors we've been hearing of lately :p
(Nothing bad better happen to Solas >.<)

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:54 am 

Have thanks: 321 time
Yay! for moving safely but Boo! for it killing your computer. :( Glad you're settling into things!

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:10 pm 

Have thanks: 26 time
Glad to hear the move went fairly well, but ugh, how frustrating for you to lose the PC along with the stress of a move. Hang in there!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

Been a while since I posted here.
Since it's been a week since no new build has been released for the alpha, I thought I'd touch bases with you all.
I'm still working on it, don't worry :)

The current big bug I'm trying to fix is the EBX saving. Before, you could only view its XML but Zhentar has implemented a cool new way to display them! :D
We used eham's old code to save the EBX. However, it wasn't really working. In fact, it wasn't saving the modified values at all >.>
There was a BIG BIG chunk of code missing and I've been furiously typing on my keyboard to add it. It's done and it works perfectly :3

However, by doing this, I had to break the Loot Table preview window. The Loot Table Preview DID save correctly the modified EBX but it kinda wings it. If we were to create new preview windows, we wouldn't be able to re-utilise this code since it's kinda made specifically for the Loot Table Previews... and I broke it anyway.
And so, I'm writing a new clean code that will help us in the long run :)

Since I don't want to release a new build that will break something, I prefer to wait to release everything at once :D

I also fixed the loading of the EBX from mod files, which was REALLY not working >.> oops.

All of these shiny new fixes in the next release :D

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Dawn's progress report
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:44 pm 

Have thanks: 26 time
I know, Dawn, you probably hear this everyday, but I'll tell you anyway: I love you :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:18 am 

Have thanks: 3 time
This is great actually. I made a mod (a hundred years ago) that made Hawke a preset in CC by Hex editing but the mod was coupled with some other stuff and I wanted to extract the EBX and create it fresh but it never seemed to work. Now, hopefully it will... and I won't have to try the hex editing again which will surely end in disaster :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:25 am 
Site Admin

Yeah hex editing is a big drag. It shouldn't have been there in the first place. To me, it's more of a debug thing to help developers (aka coders). I mean, most end users wouldn't know what's a hex file... >.> And we're servicing regular dudes, not coders... :shrug:

I love Zhentar's new approach to EBX editing. Not all fields are editable (yet) but they will be eventually ^_^. So far we only have numeric values that can be edited.
It's still far from actual UI editors (like the one for the Loot Tables) but it's far easier to mess with it.

Anyway, once I figure out this alignment thingy to reverse the process and write back the EBX from the factory classes (gibberish to you yet?), EBX editing and the notion of EBX altogether will be a long forgotten memory... in ModMaker 2.0 XD

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 am 

Have thanks: 5 time
Yay!!!! *does a happy dance*

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next