Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:52 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Loader For DAI Tools is ready! -by Dawnless Sky
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:58 pm 

Have thanks: 321 time
CeltMom wrote:
hank you, yes that did fix.

HOWEVER, when I try to merge file now, it goes into a perpetual loop and won't finish merging -- it just keeps saying it's processing the same ones over and over until it finally crashed and I had to manually close the mod manager .exe through my task manager.

EDIT: Apparently every single hair and skin mod I had to improve the look of my game freaked out now because of this one goddamned patch that isn't even for single player content (that infuriates me the most). I've been removing every cosmetic mod for myself and my NPCs, and now the mod tool has only frozen while creating the cas file instead of spinning in circles. It's been over 5 hours of non-stop fighting with this -- I'm officially ready to cry.

EDIT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO -- was finally able to get a successful merge and boot up of my game, but only after removing every cosmetic mod, and one for additional crafting material on loot. I haven't tried taking this one to Black Emporium yet, and at this point I'm afraid to even try that, but at least it's functioning again. I'll just try to keep my cheering quiet so the heartless game gods that like to break single player content don't hear.

Please send a full report to the DAI Dev Team at [email protected] so that they know what problems you're having! Be as complete as possible, and send both the .daimod files you can't load as well as links to where you got the mods, if at all possible.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:54 am 

Have thanks: 4 time
DutchGuyMike wrote:
Howdy,

I keep on getting the error "An error occurred while trying to contact to server".
Needless to say this is quite frustrating..

Any way how to fix this? Yes internet is working & ran as administrator :)

Best regards,
Mike

I have the same problem, right now it's not a huge issue, but for The Descent I would like to make sure I have the most up-to-date version. :)

Cheers
Fizzie Panda

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:34 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
There IS an updated version :p
Just reload the Loader.

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq
DawnlessSky has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:46 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
CeltMom wrote:
tklivory wrote:
CeltMom wrote:
Trying to configure the new modder, and tried to browse for my DAI Mod file, but when I hit "browse", it only shows a select number of files under "My Documents" and won't let me browse any further into my own computer. How do I fix this please?

This was fixed. Just upgrade your version to v.55 and everything will be back to normal.

Thank you, yes that did fix.

HOWEVER, when I try to merge file now, it goes into a perpetual loop and won't finish merging -- it just keeps saying it's processing the same ones over and over until it finally crashed and I had to manually close the mod manager .exe through my task manager.

EDIT: Apparently every single hair and skin mod I had to improve the look of my game freaked out now because of this one goddamned patch that isn't even for single player content (that infuriates me the most). I've been removing every cosmetic mod for myself and my NPCs, and now the mod tool has only frozen while creating the cas file instead of spinning in circles. It's been over 5 hours of non-stop fighting with this -- I'm officially ready to cry.

EDIT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO -- was finally able to get a successful merge and boot up of my game, but only after removing every cosmetic mod, and one for additional crafting material on loot. I haven't tried taking this one to Black Emporium yet, and at this point I'm afraid to even try that, but at least it's functioning again. I'll just try to keep my cheering quiet so the heartless game gods that like to break single player content don't hear.

Kinda have to agree with the mutliplayer stuff. I think it was a huge faux pas from Bioware to make two games in one.... especially when both don't have an effect on the other.
If finishing quests in PVE would give you something in PVP and winning PVP matches gave you items in PVE, then maybe that would have been okay. A bit like Guild Wars has been doing. Thought I still wouldn't play PVP with that concept (I despise PVP), it would still make sense for Multiplayer stuff to take space on my hard drive. But the two are COMPLETELY different games. Sure, they have common assets and stuff but it kinda pisses me off that I get updates for a game I simply don't play. I don't even test the Betas anymore because they're always for multiplayer stuff that I have no interest in. Also, this takes away resources (devs, artists, etc) who would normally put their efforts on SinglePlayer content. The same could be said for people who don't like PVE and only play the PVP side of DAI. You still have to download PVE content to play the PVP parts...

I get that this way, Bioware can just reuse the same engine and assets and all but I would have just made them separate products.... since that's what they are.

Plus this way I wouldn't have to be worried about the ModMaker enabling users to mod PVP stuff >.>

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq
DawnlessSky has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:44 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
DawnlessSky wrote:
Kinda have to agree with the mutliplayer stuff. I think it was a huge faux pas from Bioware to make two games in one.... especially when both don't have an effect on the other.
If finishing quests in PVE would give you something in PVP and winning PVP matches gave you items in PVE, then maybe that would have been okay. A bit like Guild Wars has been doing. Thought I still wouldn't play PVP with that concept (I despise PVP), it would still make sense for Multiplayer stuff to take space on my hard drive. But the two are COMPLETELY different games. Sure, they have common assets and stuff but it kinda pisses me off that I get updates for a game I simply don't play. I don't even test the Betas anymore because they're always for multiplayer stuff that I have no interest in. Also, this takes away resources (devs, artists, etc) who would normally put their efforts on SinglePlayer content. The same could be said for people who don't like PVE and only play the PVP side of DAI. You still have to download PVE content to play the PVP parts...

I get that this way, Bioware can just reuse the same engine and assets and all but I would have just made them separate products.... since that's what they are.

Plus this way I wouldn't have to be worried about the ModMaker enabling users to mod PVP stuff >.>

^^ THIS. So much this. If I wanted to play PVP there are many other games to do so. I play Dragon Age for single player RPG action, and being forced to waste precious game time recovering my mods every time there's a patch that has nothing to do with single player content is frustrating. I don't even have the multiplayer game installed, 1) because I didn't want it, and 2) because it would likely kill my geriatric graphics card. I'm already running just above bare minimum requirements and low settings for single player as it is.

I wondered initially if today's drama had something to do with a clash with Jaws of Haakon as well, because when I merged my husband's game it went through just fine, but I lost half my mods just to get the game application to actually boot, and the only difference between us is that I have JoH installed and he doesn't.

As for listing the mods I had to turn off, it's going to take me a bit to compile that. I had a bunch of them (almost all cosmetic ones) and have to go back through my backup list. I was laughing with my husband that this is what I get for bragging how handsome my male Inquisitor was, because I wanted someone comparable to Dorian when I romanced him. The game gods smote my system for my foolish pride.

Seriously though, thank you so very much for all your hard work in updating this stuff -- I greatly appreciate it, and your swift response!
CeltMom has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4