Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:46 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Modding EBX and other test tool fixes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:34 am 

Have thanks: 42 time
Send him some chocolate chip cookies?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:38 am 

Have thanks: 5 time
ricco19 wrote:
Send him some chocolate chip cookies?

Maybe bootle of champaigne better? We have NY actually :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:51 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 314 time
Actually some peole at Nexxus asked if we are accepting donations. I suggested they donate to the forum, for $5 we get rid of adds, but if there's interest I can setup something ?

I usually don't like donations because no one can pay you enough for all the work you are doing and also because being "not for profit" increases our chance to claim "Fair Use" exception of Bioware's copyright. Bu a few donated dollars won't be a big deal.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:44 am 

Have thanks: 35 time
Renmiri wrote:
Actually some peole at Nexxus asked if we are accepting donations. I suggested they donate to the forum, for $5 we get rid of adds, but if there's interest I can setup something ?

I usually don't like donations because no one can pay you enough for all the work you are doing and also because being "not for profit" increases our chance to claim "Fair Use" exception of Bioware's copyright. Bu a few donated dollars won't be a big deal.

Maybe those donations can be used to finance a paid shared account/storage for modders on this forum, some sort of FTP ? >.>'
But the problem of what will happen in long term... that's maybe a bad idea. :?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:58 am 
Site Admin

Ya, this kind of thing is usually a pain long term and nexxus and mediafire do it so easily and free

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:12 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
Ok if u want flood here I will say here

Donates works when modders need to pay for hosting, or smth related to community. As I underst freeforums is free

So donation is useless. We also can't donate current persons, coz today it's Eham and WV who do all the work, tomorrow its eConnor, next day it some1 another.

When we have big community of moders we can discuss it.

Report this post

Post subject: Donating money to the project ?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 751 time
The forums may be free, but donating ensures it stays ad free, so there is a benefit there. As for donating to individuals, I am unsure of what others opinions are, but I prefer that no-one donates money to me, I do this because I enjoy it, I don't need any monetary gain from it. So if you feel the urge to donate, donate to the forums to keep it ad free.

"I with great pleasure will donate for those who create smth new."
I think theres been plenty of new creations going on, new tools, even a texture repaint is something new. Theres nothing stopping you from absolutely changing the game entirely right now, EBX edits are in, and Im sure there are changes u can make already that would completely change the game (ie critical plot points).

The point I am trying to make here, is we have made considerable progress in a very short time, this does not mean we will be able to keep the same pace, things will begin to slowdown as we have to tackle more and more difficult tasks. A 100% mesh swap, ebx swap, is no easy feat as I have learnt, feel free to beat me to finishing that, and I will donate money to you.
Ehamloptiran has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Donating money to the project ?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Seems the consensus is we welcome monhtly donations to the total of $5 to get ads off, but we don't need more than that. Everyone here is doing this for love of modding and love of the game, not for profit :)

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]