Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Latest Patch for DAI
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:00 pm 

Have thanks: 32 time
Chaos17 wrote:
That's a shame that Bioware don't do it themself to support community.

Bioware may not be able to do as they would like, seeing that their purse string holders are in the business of making money, not games, and have their eyes glued to short-term ROI instead of the big picture.

And who's to say that Bioware aren't doing what they can - and can get away with - under the circumstances? Like a subtle Solas number... :mrgreen:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 272 time
Chaos17 wrote:
That's amazing that you're making this for your friends modders.

A shame yes but not really a surprise. Pretty sure they've stated in the past that making a game moddable, but only for the elite as they can't get around a certain degree of difficulty involved due to the engine, is ultimately not something they are very keen on and I can understand that. It's not just about prepping a game to be moddable, it's also allowing it to happen within a framework that's built for it and can stay (relatively) stable under it. You don't just slap something together in the end, users hacking an engine to that extend don't follow the same rules a developer would in therms of accessibility and stability vs timesink/cost.

It's great there are people with the skill and motivation to take this on.
Ottemis has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 314 time
DarthGizka wrote:
Chaos17 wrote:

Bioware may not be able to do as they would like, seeing that their purse string holders are in the business of making money, not games, and have their eyes glued to short-term ROI instead of the big picture.

And who's to say that Bioware aren't doing what they can - and can get away with - under the circumstances? Like a subtle Solas number... :mrgreen:

Yeah, some of their devs have been pretty nice to us modders. I remember we got some hints from a dev on ME3 modding and Boware must be strong arming EA to allow us such free reign. Outside of Bethesda it isn't really normal for american compaes (like EA) to be so supportive of modders they even allow a forum group for it :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:09 am 

Have thanks: 6 time
No accident, the Bioware techs said that they would make small changes w/in 24 hours and Origin did that in the blink of an eye, if you weren't on the meeting probably never notice it. "Loot rebound" was one of the very early changes, it moves kill loot to the player to overcome the difficulty many had finding loot picking things up.

I've already been looking at the changes with the DAI tools -Just feels like an ethics issue to send them out.
GRTDavid has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:00 am 

Have thanks: 6 time
Yes the hair was one of the more obvious changes almost everyone got that and lipgloss at some point -odd
They also cleaned up some of the instability issues with quests, basically changed deliverables and removed NPC conflicts for several quests.
I've tracked a few of the instability issues and just how instability will manifest depends on the system level component that is hit the worst.
GRTDavid has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:16 am 
Site Admin

GRTDavid wrote:
No accident, the Bioware techs said that they would make small changes w/in 24 hours and Origin did that in the blink of an eye, if you weren't on the meeting probably never notice it. "Loot rebound" was one of the very early changes, it moves kill loot to the player to overcome the difficulty many had finding loot picking things up.

I've already been looking at the changes with the DAI tools -Just feels like an ethics issue to send them out.

Do tell me by PM then.. If you are in a sharing mood :)

If you think the patch changes are relevant to modding, we can make a folder just for coders here under password so you can list the stuff without fear of it getting into the hands of Bioware trolls.

I have a friend that mentioned on twitter he had seen a patch by bioware on day one who got harassed by trolls to post on the BSN forums. They wanted a modder to say stuff so they could harass Bioware. He refused.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:04 pm 

Have thanks: 35 time
If my memory is correct Day one patch was for the consoles only not the PC.
It was posted on the BSN but I don't remember the thread.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

Was on pc too

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:18 pm 

Have thanks: 7 time
in my playthrough some of the quest's and the game recognizing some choices are broken... (Dalish Favors being the most notable, as many others are having problems with that Quest) I'm hoping they'll fix it so I can finish off all the quests (finished all but that). so close, yet, so far...

Josephine's romance scene is the most modest one in the game, not a bad thing tbh. I just wished a bit more.

Report this post