Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Star Wars Battlefront Modding Tools?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:48 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hello! Perhaps this may be a really stupid request, but I was wondering if it may be possible to modify the tools to work with Star Wars Battlefront, which also runs on Frostbite 3. Back when the closed alpha was first released, a few people modified the DAI Modding Tools to work with the alpha version of the game. Unfortunately, the tool is no longer compatible with the current version of the game and the original developers, PistonMiner and danielmm8888, have no interest in modifying the tool to work with the current version. According to PistonMiner, there was only a small change made to prevent the tool from working with the current version. The tool can be decompiled easily, according to JakeGreen163.

Here's the tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ri5ui ... F_Tool.rar

I can also provide any of the game's files if there's any interest in updating the tool. I'm not really looking for anything complex like Model mods or even Texture mods. My main interest is simply editing the game's code itself (apparently .txt files?) like the user uninspired_zebra has been doing for months now. I and many others have asked him for help but never received any response.

Thanks! :)

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Modding Tools?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
From what I've seen on youtube, that CLREALY looks like Eham's old tool (though I see him credited nowhere which rubs me the wrong way to be honest)
I don't know what your agreement with Eham was but I don't do open source nor share my code any more.

I'm also migrating to an other tool.
So no, I don't really have time to fix Eham's old tool (again).

However, if any one wants to work on Eham's open source code (if they can find it. I myself can't remember where it is) they are welcome to try.
But modifying the current closed source tools is strickly prohibited and will be considered theft.

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Star Wars Battlefront Modding Tools?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:33 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
DawnlessSky wrote:
From what I've seen on youtube, that CLREALY looks like Eham's old tool (though I see him credited nowhere which rubs me the wrong way to be honest)
I don't know what your agreement with Eham was but I don't do open source nor share my code any more.

I didn't work on the tool so that was on PistonMiner's/danielmm8888's part. I, too, hate it when someone isn't credited for their work.

Thanks for the answer though. I appreciate it. :)

Report this post