Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Playing with no internet access?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:54 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
I'll be going on a trip in the near future where I won't have internet access. What's the easiest way to play DA:I?

~Engel

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Playing with no internet access?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:03 am 

Have thanks: 40 time
...By taking your computer with you. DAI itself does not need a constant internet connection to play.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:55 pm 

Have thanks: 32 time
^ While that's true that you don't need to be online to play the actual game, you DO need to log into Origin at least once. Even if you go into offline mode afterward, you need to have an internet connection for that one time. And of course, if you intend to start a new game with an import from the Keep, you also need an internet connection for that. You also DO need internet access to use the Golden Nug because all of that information is associated with your EA account, on their servers.

Here is a scenario. If you have a laptop, you could use wi-fi at a place in town, like McDonald's or something, use that for the brief time it takes you to log onto Origin, and then hit "go offline." After that point, you can disconnect from wi-fi. If you never let your laptop reboot, and only go to sleep, Origin should remain loaded up in offline mode, allowing you to play DAI whenever.

If you want to have a new character for this play, my suggestion would be to make the character now, with your Keep world state all set, and then just do a hard save on the bridge with Cassandra, the earliest possible save point. Then whenever you're ready to play, it's all set for you. If you're going to want to use the Golden Nug to load up on your recipes and such, you'll have to make it to Haven before you can do that.

You'll also want to turn OFF cloud storage. I don't recommend using this anyway. If you want to back up your saves, simply go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition, make a copy of your Save folder, and put it somewhere else.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
@electricfish Gee, I was thinking of leaving the laptop at home, along with my bedroll.

@Nightscrawl: Thank you very much. I'll log on before I get to the site and see if I can tap into one of the gens to keep it charged Thank you very much.

~Engel

Report this post