Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:46 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Not working with Patch 11?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:19 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
It seems that loading any save that has Patch 11 data will not show any variables and not allow any functions outside of Save to work?

Meaning that new games with mods that require Patch11 also will not show anything in the save editor.

Any way this could be fixed?

I can load saves from a few months ago just fine, but those saved in Patch 11 (and some Patch 10) are blank in the editor.

/edit
Actually, might it be mod related too?

Post subject: Re: Not working with Patch 11?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:13 am 

Have thanks: 23 time
I'm able to edit post Patch 11 save files just fine. There are cases where the save files, for whatever reasons, appear to the editor to be damaged and fail to load in the tool (even though the game loads them just fine). In this case I just create another save or two and I usually get a compatible save.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:08 pm 

Managed to figure out its MODS not Patches causing the Problem with Save Editor apparently, or at least for me.

Any save that included Mods basically couldn't be properly loaded with the editor, but those without mods work just fine.

Strange

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:39 pm 

Have thanks: 42 time
Mods have no effect on the save file other than the patch number in the header. Like Sunnie said, there is an issue with some save files not working, which is usually fixed by just re-writing the save file in game a few times.

Edit: Actually I take that back. Modded items in the inventory and such are written to the save game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:09 pm 

I came to the same conclusion dopa did. Clean game with no merges works in the save editor, but if anything's modded the plot flags won't load, it's all just blank. This is really screwing me over because some mods need to be present from the start.
Can anybody think of a solution for this? Is anybody even hanging around this forum anymore?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:31 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
Still hanging but the people responsible for the save game editor are long gone :/
Sorry.

I don't know a thing about the save game editor but yeah if Ricco's theory is right and it saves asset ids that mods add, it could probably corrupt the saved game files.
Not really any way around that I think. You're basically created new items so if you save your game, remove mods, then try to load that save, of course it's not gonna work.
It's looking for an asset that you removed.
I'll keep that in mind though for future developpment (and if I ever get around looking at the save game editor)

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq