Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:06 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: How to get music files
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:05 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hello everyone :)

Sorry for bothering but if possible I would need some help in extracting some music files that were not on the soundtrack (Maker knows why..). I know many of these are available on Youtube but I'd like to have the .mp3 to put on my mp3 player, and converting from Youtube is usually terrible D:

I've been trying since yesterday but I must be doing something wrong. First I followed the BF4Tools video.. did what the guy did and after that he was just moving the chunks on top of Ealayer3 and it would auto convert them. That never worked for me. I then read on reddit that you have to run in cmd prompt: ealayer3.exe filename.chunk

Tried that, also it never worked.

So I went on with downloading DAItools which I've never used before so I'm at a loss.. :(
Let it scan the game and it completed. I go to Sound Extractor, open all the folder, music, etc. for example I go to the frostback mountains folder, and go to Haven Destroyed file.

Now.. none of the options on top work (Play, Extract as MP3 or WAV). The only one that works is "Extract as whole chunk". So I do that, and it saves a .bin. Ealayer then can't open this.

What am I missing or doing wrong? :/ Can't find any proper tutorial about this anywhere, I suppose because the mods already think it's super easy so for them it doesn't need explanation (can you blame them? :D) but I'm a complete noob at this :P

I would treasure any help :3

Report this post

Post subject: Re: How to get music files
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:54 pm 

Have thanks: 30 time
This is how I've extracted most of the game's music (and some of the voice files) using DAI Mod Maker... I say 'most', because there are some assets (particularly from the DLC) that simply will not extract (or even preview).

Locate the desired SoundWaveAsset (I used one of the bard songs in this example),
Spoiler:

and open it in the Asset Preview window. (Double clicking works for me.) Open the Preview window:
Spoiler:

Select the item in the left hand column, and then a stream, from the right column. (Sometimes there will be one stream contained in the asset, sometimes several.) Here I can Play or Extract the selected stream:
Spoiler:

My process is to copy the name of the asset from the Asset Preview window and append the stream # at the end, and so that is the nomenclature seen here... the file name field will be blank by default, though.
Spoiler:
theskymoves has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:42 pm 

Thank you for the answer!

This works and I'm able to extract now :3

Cheers to you!! :oops: :P

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:20 pm 

Sorry for the double post, just noticed that I cannot find any voice song.
I was hoping there was a way to get an mp3 of The Dawn Will Come, but I cannot see it anywhere.

Am I blind or the songs are simply not there?

Also yeah, shame for the DLC ones :(

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:18 am 

When I double click the soundwave asset it opens an asset preview window as shown above.

However the preview option (between Import/export and Debug) is greyed out, so I cant get to the next Sound preview window.

I tried opening the same file the above instructions used and many others, but all have the preview option greyed out so i can not click.

Can someone could help? Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Attempting to get some of the background music (like the hinterlands) for my MP3 player.

Thank you in advance for any advice !
Eric

Report this post