Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:51 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Older versions of ModMaker
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 414 time
Hi everyone, Since some of the old gen tools are no longer available due to compatibility issues with the new mod maker AND due to some coders not wanting to distribute their versions of the old gen modding tools, there are still some ppl who are having issues with the current version of the mod maker 19 as far as getting infinite loading screen while modifying textures, the current workaround for this is to please try out older versions of the mod maker made by dawn.
Older versions to use for those kinds of problems are mod maker v16 or v17 witch can be found here: latest-version-announcement-t1065.html

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Old/outdated Modding tools and Mod Managers
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:37 am 

Have thanks: 3 time
Hey, sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but are the old versions of Mod Maker in Tiki's treasure Trove?
I could not find them, only a link to the mod managers.

I was hoping to find a copy of the Mod Maker v1.31 alpha.

Thanks!

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:20 am 

Have thanks: 321 time
Dawn and the previous coders requested that the older versions of the Modding Tools be removed from my Treasure Trove. To clarify, the modding tools are thus:

1st Gen: DAI Tools
2nd Gen: Modding Tools
3rd (current) Gen: Mod Maker

Note that there is no 'Mod Maker v1.31', that would have been the Modding Tools v1.31. That version was removed at the request of its primary coder, Dan. The only publicly available versions of tools for modding DAI on this forum are various iterations of the Mod Maker, with v1.1.0.16 and onward being available for download in this thread.

So no, my Treasure Trove does not include either the DAI Tools or the Modding Tools, since their coders are no longer active or have specifically requested their tools no longer be distributed.
tklivory has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:20 pm 

Have thanks: 40 time
tklivory wrote:
Dawn and the previous coders requested that the older versions of the Modding Tools be removed from my Treasure Trove. To clarify, the modding tools are thus:

1st Gen: DAI Tools
2nd Gen: Modding Tools
3rd (current) Gen: Mod Maker

Note that there is no 'Mod Maker v1.31', that would have been the Modding Tools v1.31. That version was removed at the request of its primary coder, Dan. The only publicly available versions of tools for modding DAI on this forum are various iterations of the Mod Maker, with v1.1.0.16 and onward being available for download in this thread.

So no, my Treasure Trove does not include either the DAI Tools or the Modding Tools, since their coders are no longer active or have specifically requested their tools no longer be distributed.

Isn't there a bug with the current version of the modding tool regarding texture modification? Something about it not actually saving texture mods IIRC, and the only way for it to work was to use an older version of the mod tool. What's the workaround for this bug if older versions aren't available anymore?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

the "workaround" for this is to use mod maker 16 or 17 older versions then that are discontinued due to their coders not wanting them published anymore

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
The "previous gen" (eham's tool) shouldn't be published as they create compatibility issues with the "new gen" tools (mine).

You can use previous versions of the "new gen" tools though, I don't mind :)

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

The OP has been updated so ppl dont get confused anymore

Report this post