Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Hello! I just found this site, I want to help!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:54 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Hello everyone!

I'm a programmer, and I would love to make a mod. Also, is there any way to contribute to DAI Tools? is the code open source?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Hello! I just found this site, I want to help!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:48 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
Hello pundia :)

Nah, the code isn't open source. It used to be but there were some concerns over protecting Bioware's assets back then. (We didn't have "permission" back then to allow export of DLC asset).
I haven't put it back open source and I doubt I will for this version. It's built in layers. The UI code I don't really feel like sharing (it's our "brand" after all). The code for the actual parsing of the files I'd LOVE to share with the rest of the world but we've been fixing so much stuff that it's kinda dependent on some UI stuff. sigh

Atm, it'd be hard to introduce a new coder into the code. It's VERY VERY big and is a big mess. You'd have to be in my head, mostly. And all of the code will change with ModMaker 2.0. So by the time you'd feel comfortable with it, you'd have to forget everything you've learned and start again XD We're mostly fixing what is already in there so we can move to ModMaker 2.0.

However, once ModMaker 2.0 has a solid base, we're gonna need all the help we can get to code new modules :3
I'll def keep you in mind when that day comes :3

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Hello! I just found this site, I want to help!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:23 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
I just registered in order to post something in this thread: http://daitools.freeforums.org/tutorial-rebound-romantically-via-dai-save-game-editor-t458-10.html
I received a notification that my message won't show up before it's approved but it has been over a week by now. Is it normal, or did my message got lost? (I am fairly sure that the content did not violate any rules, not it was very off topic or too redundant...)
[I edited this message with more meaningless content after I noted that it went though. The main point was to test if it shows up at all...]

Report this post