Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:57 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Cheap Levels and Ability Points
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:34 pm 

Have thanks: 47 time
I made a mod that boosts you to level 27 when you level up instead of the next consecutive level and gives you the respective number of ability points.

When you install it, install the version with the number one up from your current character level. I.e. if you're level 5, only install CheapLevels6.

Get close to your next level, install the mod and level up, save your game, then uninstall it. For whatever reason if you don't uninstall after you level up it crashes loading your latest save once you close the game. When you load back up you'll only be the level you're supposed to, but you'll still have the ability points. You'll still gain ability points when you level up from that point too.

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/935/?

Edit:
I just tried it. You can use the different versions as you level. There's a mod that unlocks all specializations from the beginning of the game. Theoretically if you used those two together you could unlock every skill for mages/rogues/warriors by probably level 5 if you want to be especially broken.

Known Bugs:
If you level up during a cutscene the mod may cause your game to crash. I had this happen after you fight the first pride demon. If you're about to go into a boss fight or any fight before a cutscene and you think you may level up I would uninstall just to be safe.

You may have to take control of your companions to level them up as well. That's because you technically stop gaining experience since you're the highest level possible. But make sure you won't need to switch back to your Inquisitor before you can level up. You can switch between your companions however many times you like, but for whatever reason switching to your Inquisitor makes it crash.