Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:52 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Patch8 Mod Manager version 57 by Zhentar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:38 am 

Have thanks: 15 time
With the latest mod manager I can safely say that most of the mods are working. The only trouble I ran into in Descent was the scene when you burn corpses. Any mod what so ever (i tried it with about 10 different types of mods) would crash in that one scene. I'm about 50% of the way through it now and would be happy to report any other problems along the way.

Edit: Alrighty, completed the dlc with no crashes. I tried to keep my mod usage to a minimum, but I can confirm that hair mods, eyebrows mods, eye mods, ability mods, and code based mods all seem to be working fine. There was some staggering towards the final fight, but that may be due to the fact the final area is quite.... overwhelming. Looks like the latest mod manager gets the job done.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:57 pm 

Have thanks: 2 time
My mod set-up is mostly just texture swaps and the the Solasmance one. I'm wondering if that one is safe in the Descent then. How did you get it to compile and work for the DLC?

Spoiler:

^Mod list. I'm not sure if any of those are causing loading lag, but I think one of them was. Might be Josie's shirt?
(I don't use both Solas mods at the same time, I start with just the flirting so he didn't refer to me as Dalish up till that one scene and then switched)

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:15 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Thank you so much for all the hard work you have done to get the Mod Manager working :)

I use a lot of mods, have not done the new DLC yet, but, all the mods seem to be working fine with two exceptions.
MoreLoot [very much does not work with this patch ]and Inventory Mod. The Inventory mod seems to be working , but my character had more slots added already. Not sure if the workaround for that still works.

What is a bonus with the Mod Manager . If you go through all the data with a merge, you can see what mod is overwriting another. A lot of the female textures seem to override each other. So you have to pick and choose. But then it cleaned up alot of mods that do not work together with my merge.

BE, as before you have to remove ALL texture mods for it to work. Companion textures are fine, but then you don't use them in this area. But every other mod I have works fine in BE.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:41 pm 

Alexmancer wrote:
My mod set-up is mostly just texture swaps and the the Solasmance one. I'm wondering if that one is safe in the Descent then. How did you get it to compile and work for the DLC?

Spoiler:

^Mod list. I'm not sure if any of those are causing loading lag, but I think one of them was. Might be Josie's shirt?
(I don't use both Solas mods at the same time, I start with just the flirting so he didn't refer to me as Dalish up till that one scene and then switched)

I doubt it's the Solas Mod, I had my Cullen one running when I ran it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:45 pm 

Have thanks: 2 time
This is my newer mod list. Before the patch, I just had the Solas mod, the Josie shirt mod and the Halamshiral finery one.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:31 am 

Have thanks: 1 time
I keep getting this error, someone help please!!

[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] Processing official patch.
[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [0] Processing C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\Data\Win32\abilities.toc
[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [1] Processing bundle win32/da3/party/general/abilities/generated/party_general_rogue_artifice_throw_csm_bundle
[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [1] Processing bundle win32/da3/party/general/abilities/generated/party_mage_bloodmage_corpseexplosion_targeting_csm_bundle
[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] Task failed. Error reported was:

Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: DAIModManager
Target: DAIMod.ModJob GenerateModJobFromPatch(System.String)

StrackTrace:
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.GenerateModJobFromPatch(String version)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.GetBasePatchModJob(PatchPayloadData patchPayloadData)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [1] Processing bundle win32/da3/party/general/abilities/generated/party_mage_bloodmage_gravemarker_csm_bundle
[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [1] Processing bundle win32/da3/party/general/abilities/generated/party_mage_bloodmage_tearessence_csm_bundle
Vixxen21 has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:48 am 

Vixxen21 wrote:

[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [0] Processing C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\Data\Win32\abilities.toc
[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [1] Processing bundle win32/da3/party/general/abilities/generated/party_general_rogue_artifice_throw_csm_bundle
[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [1] Processing bundle win32/da3/party/general/abilities/generated/party_mage_bloodmage_corpseexplosion_targeting_csm_bundle

StrackTrace:
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.GetBasePatchModJob(PatchPayloadData patchPayloadData)

[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [1] Processing bundle win32/da3/party/general/abilities/generated/party_mage_bloodmage_gravemarker_csm_bundle
[8/13/2015 7:28 PM] [1] Processing bundle win32/da3/party/general/abilities/generated/party_mage_bloodmage_tearessence_csm_bundle

Looks like a glitch with the patch its self. Try deleting your patch and repatching, and or repairing your game.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
Zachillios wrote:
Vixxen21 wrote:

StrackTrace:

Looks like a glitch with the patch its self. Try deleting your patch and repatching, and or repairing your game.

Nah, this is what we call an "Exception". Exception aren't supposed to happen and indicate a glitch that must be adressed by the coders.
However, Zhentar fixed this in one of the latest versions of the ModManager.

Download the latest version and try to merge again.
If it still happens, send us the exception message along with a .zip of your mods at [email protected] and we'll have a look :)

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:35 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
DawnlessSky wrote:
Zachillios wrote:
Vixxen21 wrote:

StrackTrace:

Nah, this is what we call an "Exception". Exception aren't supposed to happen and indicate a glitch that must be adressed by the coders.
However, Zhentar fixed this in one of the latest versions of the ModManager.

Download the latest version and try to merge again.
If it still happens, send us the exception message along with a .zip of your mods at [email protected] and we'll have a look :)

Okay I will! The latest is the one that was just posted a couple days ago on this thread right?? ^-^

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
Quote:
Okay I will! The latest is the one that was just posted a couple days ago on this thread right?? ^-^

I you want to keep up with the latest updates, I urge you to download the Loader. loader-for-dai-tools-is-ready-by-dawnless-sky-t768.html
:)

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next