Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:11 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Other games you mod ?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 314 time
I dabbled in Skyrim modding
http://steamcommunity.com/id/renmiri/myworkshopfiles/

Warranty Voider wrote ME3xplorer, the mod tool for Mass Effect 3
http://me3explorer.freeforums.org/

Ehamloptiran did a lot of Skyrim tools and also wrote BIExplorer. Tool for extracting and viewing files from Bioshock Infinite.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Other games you mod ?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 751 time
I also wrote BIExplorer. Tool for extracting and viewing files from Bioshock Infinite.
Ehamloptiran has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 78 time
I've modded: Morrowind, Oblivion, DAO, DA2, the Witcher, the Witcher 2, Skyrim, NWN, and Baldurs Gate (many other games I forgot about). If you google my user name I'm all over the place. Anyone else named Silvist must die!

Most of the stuff I've done was prior to most construction kits, so I'm used to using obfuscated methods to get stuff working. I've done anything from armors, custom races, custom spells, weapons, and textures. Up until Skyrim I wasn't very far into 3d modeling outside of very simple edits. Due to the large boom in the modding community, I met alot of people who helped teach me how to do modeling. Though still alot of it is self taught.

I'm not well known, and that's because I prefer it that way. I've seen what popularity does to people, and I prefer to avoid it. I'm happy if people notice my work, and enjoy it. That's about it.
Silvist has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:46 am 

Have thanks: 12 time
Skyrim was the first game I ever really modded beyond simple texture replacements. I've published a few mods but the majority are still on my HDD waiting for me to pick them up.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/2148728/?tb=mods&pUp=1
TKavatar has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 272 time
I've modded DAO and NWN privately, messed about with those toolsets quite some creating custom levels etc, and publicly released mods for ME1, ME2, ME3 and Remember Me.
I'm still sitting on a bunch of half-finished and waiting to release mods for ME3 and ME2, not sure when I'll get around to publishing them.
Also wrote a couple of guides under the ME3Explorer banner and have been quite active in user support there, less atm as I'm taking a bit of a break but then people seem to know how to find me anyways. Has a tendency to find and fill various inboxes =/
Ottemis has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:54 am 

Have thanks: 5 time
Eh you guys have quite a better skillset than mine, I really only modded FlyFF (was big in the p-server community for FlyFF for a good 5-6 years) and then started up with DragonNest with model and texture modding - had to stop that one because I was moderating for the forum we were all posting our stuff on and the Admin there didn't want to give anyone forum permissions to keep the forum in good shape so it got pretty much flooded with ads and crud since the admin didn't give me the ability to hire new moderators.

I privately modded Skyrim, FO3, and FONV but again, those were mostly model and texture mods and I dabbled with the scripting. I did edit other people's mods in these games when their scripts were not working properly.

Hoping here I can expand my skillset and that everyone here is willing to teach - though I do self teach myself quite a bit.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:49 am 

Have thanks: 5 time
I don't have links but i used to be really involved in Retexturing clothes for The Sims 2 and 3 and i also retextured for my own personal use some outfits in fallout 3. I was pretty good at it now that i think back on the hours but maybe i can learn to retex in the future :)
JamesAutumn has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:35 pm 

Have thanks: 70 time
I did re-texture and re-modelling for DA2 under LapisLazzuli on Nexus. Some are still in the top 50 after all that time. Not being a 3D artist or a 3D modellist, I found this very gratifying! Hurray for self-thought skills.

OK, done with my minute bragging now :P

When I mod, I try to respect the feel and intentions of the game. According to my interpretation of it anyway. My main goal is not to change it but add to it.
LapisLazzuli has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:08 pm 

Have thanks: 6 time
I've modded for DAO have some on the Nexus under DracoAngel. Mostly a lot of morphs for NPCs and presets. But I've also done armor changes for NPCs, tattoos, eye textures
And modded DA2 for personal use
DracoAngel has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:07 pm 

Have thanks: 3 time
Right now I am trying myself on Skyrim to get me into Modding :)
I love the Tutorials, they're really helpful.

My siblings also help me with stuff I do not understand or can't handle on my own, due to work and stuff >.<

I am also working on RPG's with the RPG Maker VX Ace. :)

~Spoken by Vengeance in the fanmade Superhero Novel "Vengeance"~
ValanyTheHarbinger has been thanked by:

Report this post