Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:58 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Latest Patch for DAI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 751 time
So I have heard that the latest patch does all sorts of damage to the main player look and other characters of the world, I dont know if this is just an over reaction of a number of individuals, or if its actually a problem.

What I would like to know, is if somebody could package up the patch directory (If you have the latest patch already) and send it over to me, so I can take a little look at it. I dont want to download it personally, as it seems you cannot revert patches.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Latest Patch for DAI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:57 pm 

Have thanks: 32 time
The Origin client rammed the patch into my game when I started it to check something regarding achievements... That may be incidental - i.e., it's possible that the game would have loaded the patch anyway. However, people should be careful if they want to have a choice over whether to install the patch and if so, when.

I've got a zip with all the DiP_staged which weighs about half a megaton (roughly 500 MB). If you're interested I could try to squeeze it with a better packer and sling it towards a landing pad of your choosing.
DarthGizka has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

If you could upload it to a https://mega.co.nz/ then I can pull it down from there

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:10 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 272 time
Pretty sure the panic is real, from what I heard graphics quality setting is fecked (shiny hair problem previously reserved to medium settings or lower and PS3 I think)
Facial textures randomly switched around on both NPC and PC's. Scars disappeared, stuff like that. Anyone I know that has the patch has one to all three of these issues.

Haven't patched yet, playing in offline mode till they send out a fix.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:03 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
The shader was hardset to low...prepatch it was set to ultra there is a workaround

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inq ... 3#U4101233

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 78 time
Isn't this update just in the update folder alone? Or is it apply to stuff outside that folder, like the cas files?

If its in just the update folder, I've already backed the entire folder up. I did that for testing Ehamloptiran's texture replacement. I noticed it was related to the update, because when I tried to run a save game I used to test Ehamloptiran's files, without the files it actually gave me the error (this game is missing update files). So it clearly knew it was a different version, which I found interesting. If this is also the case I could allow it to patch, then bundle it up for upload.

I have enough hd space to do a complete clone of the game. The only stuff that worries me is hidden files, like in user/roaming/local. I've yet to figure out what they all do exactly. I was trying to share my keep data with a friend who couldn't access it, which is why I looked for it originally.

Honestly, if I run the game and don't wish the update, I'll just disable my Ethernet manually lol. That way no information can be sent to my computer at all.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:06 am 
Site Admin

I have the update files now. Quite a significant update actually. I'll still wait a bit before I apply it myself. But now I have more test data for seeing how patches are officially made. Also I believe this one is set to version 2, which means my original test mod/patch will most likely not work until its changed to version 3
Ehamloptiran has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:23 am 

Have thanks: 32 time
@ Silvist: the update also replaces a couple of files outside of the patch subdirectory, most notably:

Code:
d3dcompiler_46.dll
dbdata.dll
DragonAgeInquisition.exe
Engine.BuildInfo_Win64_retail.dll
version.json
data/initfs_Win32
DarthGizka has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:18 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 78 time
@DarthGizka- Ah thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to back those up lol.

@Eham - Alright, sounds good. Yea, I will refrain from updating.

Is there an easy way to permanently disable it from updating?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:35 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
This patch also changes the starting equipment for human male two handed warrior: I tested it three times and the character changes his armor in a more noble outfit, but then switch again to his original armor when the bridge collapses and the first fight begin. It's just weird.

Report this post