Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:48 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Latest Patch for DAI
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 272 time
Silvist wrote:
Is there an easy way to permanently disable it from updating?

I have automatic game updates turned off in Origin's application settings. That does the trick fine.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:31 pm 

Have thanks: 41 time
The config issue is in the initfs file. Kind of looks like mismerged code to me, as the relevant lines were added in the first (release day) patch and then removed without comment in patch 2.

Edit : wait, they updated the main initfs file? Interesting. I was guessing that it was wholly replaced by the patch version.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:20 pm 

Have thanks: 35 time
Ehamloptiran wrote:
So I have heard that the latest patch does all sorts of damage to the main player look and other characters of the world, I dont know if this is just an over reaction of a number of individuals, or if its actually a problem.

What I would like to know, is if somebody could package up the patch directory (If you have the latest patch already) and send it over to me, so I can take a little look at it. I dont want to download it personally, as it seems you cannot revert patches.

It will mainly depend of your luck (on PC) beause even after the hotfix of patch 2, there're some users who couldn't got back to the quality they had pre-patch or worse the game became unplayable. Of course, there're also some lucky players too.

Of course, that's only my opinion after I read these topics :
http://forum.bioware.com/topic/532511-d ... n-patch-2/
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inq ... 1#U4101401
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inq ... 6#U4101456

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:18 am 

Have thanks: 0 time
This is all good information and interesting, though hoping the game won't get patched is perhaps a bit naïve. It's new... they're going to patch it. Whether it "fixes" things or indeed needed fixing a new game will get patched for a while. There's a lot of different hardware out there. I am not as tech savvy as I suppose most of you are. I was hoping for a "creation kit" like the other DA games had and access to a console. I just want to change the player, weapon, armor, and other attributes so I can play "my way". So I am here. Hoping for a way to do simple mods from an understandable interface. I leave it to those more expert than I will ever be to do the really difficult changes like character body mods and so forth. I just like to play.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 751 time
I dont mind the game being updated. I would just like to take a look at the updates before I apply them, so that if there is anything I can fix prior to applying I will. As for editing player, weapon, armor, etc. Thats actually proving to be more difficult then it is to modify meshes/textures/etc. Due to the nature of EBX files and how things are structured. I think I have done fairly well in my deciphering so far, and I hope we will be able to provide a CK like experience when it comes to making mods.

Heres a little sneak peak at a tool addition I am working on, which will allow users to view and edit EBX files, the data structures and such are controllable from an XML file (If anyone is familiar with nifskope, same sort of thing). So I can populate the data without having to recompile the tool

Attachment:
EbxEditor.jpg
EbxEditor.jpg [ 88.19 KiB | Viewed 2419 times ]

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 314 time
Eh that is awesome! And yeah, what you voider and the others are building is your own homegrown version of a CK for DAI. Amazing work!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:03 pm 

Excuse me, I'm not a programmer, I'm just an amateur who has a little experience with modding thanks to Oblivion, Skyrim and Dragon Age Origins modding tools, so I'm a little confused about this topic: what's this about? Are you guys actually working on a Creation Kit for Inquisition? Like the one for Skyrim, that we other guys will be able to use to create mods? This is what I'm understanding, but I'm may have get this wrong.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 751 time
We are creating tools that will allow end users to create and distribute mods with other people, so yes something like a Creation Kit for DAI.
Ehamloptiran has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:22 pm 

Great, thanks for your explanation :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:46 am 

Have thanks: 35 time
That's amazing that you're making this for your friends modders.
That's a shame that Bioware don't do it themself to support community.

Report this post