Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Ehamloptiran appreciation thread.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:33 am 

Have thanks: 20 time
Please, rest of the people working on DAI Tools, don't take this as something meant to belittle you.

The thing is, Eham is not only working on that, but actively helping other modders.

Eham, I couldn't thank you enough.
Keep doing the good work.

P.S: If you feel this is insulting in any shape or form, you are wrong. Still, I am more than ok with this being deleted.
Marthenil has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Ehamloptiran appreciation thread.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:07 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 272 time
Agreed, Eham is a one-man army of modding goodness.
Ottemis has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 78 time
First off, there really is only a hand full of people working on the toolsets. The main two I know of that are working specifically on the toolset are: Ehamloptiran, and WarrantyVoider. Wogoodes kind of disappeared (maybe has rl stuff that keeps him busy), and I know another person joined our ranks recently who was adding to the code; who I believe is named Sirmabus. There is also alot of people who have also done other work, and contributions to the toolset or tools of their own..but most of the grueling code work has been done by those two (correct me if I'm mistaken please lol).

I tried to the best of my ability to recruit people from all over the net by way of posting on all of the sites I knew of. Sadly, it didn't seem to get many people to join our cause (mainly cause of the general idiocy that frostbite 3 was unmoddable..which seemed to be the consensus amongst the ranks of well known modders).

That being said I am 'extremely' thankful to Eham for all the work he's done. Though, I know if it wasn't for his enjoyment of doing it, he probably wouldn't be spending the time he does on it. I still feel that to many people try and put way to much on his shoulders, even if he has the ability to handle it all. Sites that glorified everything we are all doing here, seemed to miss the fact that we could 'always' use more help. Now mind you, I'm more of a quality over quantity type of person. So yes we could use more help, but only if it synergies together with what we already have. I wouldn't want another coder to come in and either messup, or argue with other coders on how things are done lol.

I really am thankful for any update we get at all, and have been disciplining myself to have no expectations at all (despite the huge amount of progress that's been made). They will release what they can, when they can. All I do is try and support them in anyway I can, by either testing the tools or helping others with it. When I say testing, not when they go around and ask for help. I have been pro-actively testing the tools since Eham's first modified extractor. This was around the time we started on the ME3forums :D

I'm glad you made a post to thank Eham, and I'm sure he appreciates it.
Silvist has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:45 pm 

Have thanks: 65 time
Oh my gosh, a public thread where I can hopefully not in a creepy manner express my gratitude to Eham!

I feel like I get a lot of thanks for making mods for games, but I feel like the real thanks goes to people like Eham for making it possible, otherwise I'd just be sitting here with a thumb up my...anyways thanks! I am in awe, because coding is scary. Also he's super helpful to people on the forums, so he has my total respect.
ELE08 has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:59 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 751 time
Thanks everyone, but yeah as others have said, without the effort and dedication from everyone involved we would not be where we are today. A few notable mentions:

Warranty Voider - For taking the time away from ME3 modding to help build the foundation of the tools we have, and his contribution to investigating unknown formats such as the Talktables.
Sirmabus - For getting down to the nitty gritty with executable deciphering and his DAI script compiler, that has been proven to work ingame (Thanks a tonne)
DarthGizka/wogoodes - For the original Save Game deciphering, we wouldnt have the plot editor or anything without their original research
ricco19 - For his savegame editor tool, that paved the way for other tools based upon his.
DarthParametric - For his research, especially on the texture front
Renmiri - For always being active in the forums and helping people out
Silvist/Adela - For willing to test anything I create even at the risk of their own computers ;)

If I have forgotten anyone, apologies.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:14 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 272 time
Much agreed! Obviously everyone's input, work, help, time and dedication are much appreciated but I will say that you deserved to be lit out here.
You making such a post as you are now speaks volumes on your particular character and why we admire it so if you ask me. Just saying =P
Ottemis has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:15 pm 

Have thanks: 3 time
Thank you for all your hard work, Eham :)

I hope we can also help you out a lot.

Thanks to everyone involved in this and other projects :D
We appreciate all the time you've spend on this!

~Spoken by Vengeance in the fanmade Superhero Novel "Vengeance"~

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:58 am 

Have thanks: 19 time
Thank you for all your hard work Eham and everyone else who has either worked on it or helped test it. I honestly didn't think modding would be possible for at least six months after the game got released so you all are beyond amazing to have done it as quick as you did and all the work you put into it.

I can say like others we appreciate all the time and effort your put into this and other projects.

Report this post