Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:51 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerning DLC files...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:43 pm 

Have thanks: 321 time
One final thought: There are some DLC files and assets *in* the normal patch. Remember, every DLC so far has been preceded by a patch with files in that patch for the DLC. Since the 'normal' patch is unencrypted, and the DLC files are encrypted, I think that is Bioware's very, very subtle way of letting modders know which resources are allowed, and which are off limits. Laidlaw and Darrah have both said they want to allow modding, but with EA against it and with using the Frostbite engine by EA's mandate, they can't in any way enforce it. And yet, they allow a Modding group to host a fairly popular modding discussion on the official social Bioware website (BSN).

So... tread carefully, but the signals are there for what they consider 'acceptable' and 'not acceptable' modding.
tklivory has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:01 pm 

Have thanks: 207 time
DawnlessSky wrote:
The "same vertex count" thing will be fixed in the future. It's not a real limitation. Just one that Eham setup.

This works for me because I hate 3dsMax to the core and the tools were only accepting my obj from max.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:24 pm 

Have thanks: 3 time
I don't know why my latest post just disappeared but I can't be bothered to type it all out again.

In short:

I thought the DLC decision was open for discussion and I see that it is not.
I am grateful for and content with the tool as it is (and will be).
I wasn't expecting the tool authors to do extra work to make me happy.
I wish I never said anything.
mrjack900 has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 78 time
@DawnlessSky- I completely understand where you are coming from and support your decision 100%. What people don't seem to understand is that gray areas can change at any giving time. After all, they own the rights to the game.

From what I also saw during Ehams progression and during testing I could also see why skipping over this would be beneficial. To many people look at everything from a user stand point and not a developer stand point.

I want to thank you and all the other coders for all the hard work. Being a modder myself, I know the most important thing any user can do is properly support the developer.
Silvist has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:03 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
munchyfly wrote:
DawnlessSky wrote:
The "same vertex count" thing will be fixed in the future. It's not a real limitation. Just one that Eham setup.

This works for me because I hate 3dsMax to the core and the tools were only accepting my obj from max.

Well I don't know anything about 3D stuff and their file formats but since I have the raw vertices and faces and stuff, if you want me to add more extensions, just ask and I'll look up their file format and try to add an exporter and importer for it. ^-^

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq
DawnlessSky has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 314 time
I support Dawn and other tool builders on this. DLC content tools might annoy bioware which is the last thing we want. Besides it's not like the tool builders don't have their plates full with just the regular stuff at the moment!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:14 am 

Have thanks: 2 time
MM definitly need DLC support because mods provoke bugs/crash with them for now. Plus, check games like Mass Effect series, Warranty Voider modding tools support DLCs and there is no problem at all. I played the whole ME3 game fully modded, including all SP DLCs mods. DLCs mods are available on BSN forum !!

The Descent :
- Cannot start this DLC with mods
- Cutscene crash with mods (Checking pile of bodies)

The Trespasser :
- Cannot start or play this DLC with mods
- Even if you manage to trick the game and access DLCs with mods active, they are not working and the game will instant freeze as soon as you will open Inventory or buy/sell something.

Those DLCs are part of the story and deverse to be fully supported.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 272 time
Excuse you, I was on the team for the ME3Explorer toolset (alongside Renmiri and WV), there's really nothing you could say that we don't already know. It's not the same IP, not the same team behind it and not the same modding scene by far.

Aside from that, your personal opinion really doesn't matter and isn't going to affect the outcome of our consideration on this matter when it's a risk we'd rather not take.
To be honest, thinking you know better than the devs of a toolset is just a tiny bit on the arrogant side. You can disagree all you like, just keep things respectful.

You are free to open dialogue about this with us but this reads more like a demand. We don't work for you.
Ottemis has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:01 pm 

Have thanks: 2 time
We are talking about ME3Explorer right ? then you should check again because it parse, extract and allow full modding of ME3 DLCs.

Then this thread is for discussing about DLCs support right ? Then, like others post before mine, I told my feeling about this and also reported, just to be kind, problems I and many others I know encoutered with moids and DLCs. You don't want to support DLCs , no problem, others will do, that's the beauty of modding scene after all. I'm pretty sure WarrantyVoider will do it like he does for ME series :)

Your post seems more like personnal attack and I don't understand why at all. If it's not then we both failed to understand each others post.

Last edited by toto621 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 373 time
No. This thread is not to discuss DLC support. It was a PSA. It is not up for debate.

There's a BIG difference between allowing mods to work with the DLC without bugs or crashes and allowing people to extract DLC ressources. (Which we ARE working on. Just check Zhentar's update on the modmanager. .59 will stop the crash when you talk to Vivienne in Trespasser)
The big problem with DAI is that it has a multiplayer side. If allow people to modify DLC stuff, they'll abuse it and give an advantage to MP players. Which they already did.
People already abused the tool with the datamining pre-release of Trespasser which really shows how why we have to take precautions.

We have been warned personally by a Bioware coder not to allow the extracting of assets AT ALL. However, since the modders need something to work with, we're allowing the extraction of base game assets. Be content with that.

I could care less if other people want to create a tool that allows DLC assets extraction. I love this game and am a Bioware supporter. If they ask me not to do something, I won't do it. I'll simply have no part in ruining the game for everyone.

Tumblr: http://dawnatwork.tumblr.com/ (For updates, PSA, progress reports, etc)
Discord Server :https://discord.gg/xs6Mktq
DawnlessSky has been thanked by:

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next