Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:56 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Audio extraction
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:26 am 

Have thanks: 2 time
I've managed to convert .chunk files to .mp3 with EALayer3, but it only extracts the first stream from the .chunk. Other steams could be extracted by editing the file in HEX editor (basically, just cut first stream from the file, convert, then another, etc.) but it take sooo long. Maybe there's a way to make it extract the whole .chunk?
The Inquisitor has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: Audio extraction
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:31 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 314 time
I think Silvif saw some people working with sound on another forum. In theory Ehamloptiran's old tool already extracts sound files because it assembles files listed on toc. But we don't have any tool that converts the bundle of chunks of data into an mp3. If you see below, all that hos tool does is "unpack" a bunch of chunks of bytes that we know are part of a file because TOC and SB tell us. How to read those bytes will depend on us knowing what they are

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:33 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 751 time
Sounds will come eventually, I can now see all the sound chunks (My old tools would not have seen them, since they are actually embedded in the SB). So now its a case of looking at the exsiting tools and writing export abilities

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:35 am 

EALayer3 converts chunk files to mp3 perfectly fine, it's just can't separate the steams in the file for some reason. I was able to convert a lot of files with HEX editing, I just hope we'll find a way to make it faster.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:12 am 

Chunks can be extracted with BF4 extraction tools, btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVUv_L7m4g8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:20 am 
Site Admin

As far as I understand, that video is quite old now, the BF4 extraction tools do not work out of the box, I know of some people having modified the tools to work with DAI, but thats a different story, the whole reason my extraction tools came into existence is because the BF4 tools would not work (LZ77 vs ZLIB compression). I believe it worked for audio because if you look at the en.sb file (The nearly 3gb one). Its mostly uncompressed files.
Ehamloptiran has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 78 time
I've used that method in the video. You have to essentially remove certain files or the command script fails. There's an exe called ealayer3 that comes with the bf4 extractor that converts the chunks to audio files.

From what I tested with the bf4 tools it doesn't extract all of the chunks. Most of the audio I got was small random voice clips, no music files. I could try to test it with the dump I did with Ehamloptiran's tools.

Edit: So far the converter isn't working on the chunks I've tested so far. Though, I haven't explored which chunks are exactly audio files ;p If you know a specific chunk I can try and see if it converts it.

The source I found for this back at around DA:I release was from here:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12239

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:52 am 
Site Admin

I am able to preview sounds now, using ealayer3 to convert the extracted chunk (from the SB or CAS) into an MP3 then play via media player. Seems to be working. Occasionally ealayer3 crashes, but otherwise I have whole entire clips.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:58 am 

Ehamloptiran wrote:
I am able to preview sounds now, using ealayer3 to convert the extracted chunk (from the SB or CAS) into an MP3 then play via media player. Seems to be working. Occasionally ealayer3 crashes, but otherwise I have whole entire clips.

Where you able to extract all the streams from the chunk? Because there's usually around 100 streams in single chunk file and ealayer extracts only the first one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:23 am 
Site Admin

What do the different streams hold? I was able to hear whole lines, and whole songs from the bards. What would I see or hear different between a single stream and multiple streams?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next