Dragon Age: Inquisition Modding Tools

All about modding tools for Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Age Modding tools forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Anyone else laying off of DA:I for Witcher 3?
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:58 pm 

Have thanks: 48 time
As much as I love Dragon Age: Inquisition, I think you guys are going to see a bit less of me as of tomorrow night at 7pm eastern. I mean, I LOVE Dragon Age, but the Witcher games are what got me into video games at all. (I was a big fan of the novels and decided to try video games because they made one of the Witcher.) So excited for this game. And unlike EA, they fully support modding and the modding community. (In fact, there's a Witcher 2 mod called "Full Combat Rebalance 2" that I won't play without - made by one of the devs.)

So if anyone needs to contact me (wants to use one of my mods as a resource or needs me to update or just wants to say hi) simply email me at Richardakraysemailaddress@gmail.com. I'll be around, just not as much.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Anyone else laying off of DA:I for Witcher 3?
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:07 pm 

Have thanks: 24 time
Understandable... especially on the modding end of things. I loved mods for Dragon Age Origins... Once it came out I only played a Tevinter Warden spells and melee abilities? Oh boy... watch the spatter kids I've got some poor souls to educate about the error of their ways... :twisted:

Not a fan of the witcher... nothing in particular just couldn't get into the game.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:23 pm 

Have thanks: 7 time
i'm staying with DA:I until the end, W3 isn't that great they let on at E3...
JunkoXan has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:54 am 

Have thanks: 15 time
It looks pretty and all but it's kind of problematic, and I don't typically connect well with "bro-y" characters.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:43 am 

Have thanks: 321 time
I actually canceled the pre-order for TW3 I placed last April for a couple reasons. I realized that I just wasn't excited at all. For Inquisition, I was incredibly excited and eager to play it (and still thoroughly enjoy it), but for TW3, it's just been a bunch of meh in the month or so ahead of it.

There's other reasons, but they're not really important. The main thing is that I just don't care about Geralt any more, and fantastic game or not (which i have no clue whether or not it is), I don't want to be him, which is the core of investing time in any major game for me.

I hope the people who are excited for it enjoy it, though. Have fun, our fellow DAI people who play it! :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:06 pm 

Witcher is definitely a series you have to love. I suffered through the first game because I simply wanted more Witcher after reading all the books. (At that time, it was mostly fan translations - also excited they're finally translating the rest of the series into English.) When TW2 came out it took me a while, but I grew to love it. It's fantastic story-telling, but the weird combat curve (super hard at first and really easy at the end) bothered me. Luckily, Full Combat Rebalance came out and fixed that for me.

The Witcher 2 (which is what most people who tried it played) sort of takes for granted that you are already fully immersed in the world. I can see why that would turn people off. I think the reason it takes that for granted is that CDProjektRED formed primarily to make a video game out of the Witcher. The author of the novels, Andrzej Sapkowski is sort of like, the Stephen King of Poland, so almost everyone already knew all about the Witcher in their target audience. It's sort of the other end of the stick of the complaint people have about dumbing down their favorite series' to get casual gamers. I also just really like the company. It's another opposite end of the stick thing. They really do care about their fans. They support modding. No DRM. All their assets are free to the public to use in whatever capacity they'd like. Etc. etc. (And people definitely use them. I couldn't even begin to count the number of witcher armor mods there are out there. In fact, I even used a few Witcher assets in my Awesome Gambeson Pajamas mod. {Notice the little leather wrist pads? Those are Geralt's.})

Honestly, personal opinion, Witcher 3 is setting the standard for next gen RPGs. My only problem is that I'd love to make my own Witcher instead of being forced into Geralt's role. Of course, if they did that it would sort of up-end the whole "making a video game out of the Witcher" thing they've been doing since day one. I'm at least excited to play as Ciri for a bit in this one. But yeah. My very own Witcher would be awesome. I've always been more into dark and gritty than fancy and "high fantasy" in my roleplaying. Witcher's just my cup of tea. (In fact, that's why I liked DAO so much. I liked having nothing, being on the outs, etc.) I tried doing a mod for TW2 that would let you play as another Witcher and give you a 10-15 hour adventure to go on as that Witcher, but it was a lot of work and I get distracted so easily.

Oooo, look! A penny!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:03 am 

Have thanks: 7 time
Well I have tW3 and I'm a bit disapointed... I admit I couldn't get past the control rebinding issue... I'm used not being able to remap movements to keyboard now but not being able to remap them at all?
So I will wait... Don't want to go through editing files again... So I'll wait for a patch for now and finish inquisition first. Since they always cut corner for releasing as soon as possible there might be a patch later...

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:18 am 

What? I've been remapping every single thing since the minute I got it, an hour after release???

Report this post